A forum to the comic project started by a group of /co/mrades!


    The /co/ntractors

    Share
    avatar
    SugarG

    Posts : 19
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  SugarG on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:48 pm

    TheWrath wrote:
    NeonLight wrote:Wow I slept till 2, that's not healthy.
    So are we going to talk through skype?

    Bear power is best power.
    im alright with that if not just to have a more fluent method of tossing ideas around, while posting more definite concrete ideas here.

    and people won't mad at us for circle jerking if we accidentally do that (although i'll try not to.)

    but ultimately it's up to everyone to decide.


    Spoiler:
    (skypes " thepoliwrath " by the way )

    I cant skype with my fucktard of a computer.

    avatar
    TheWrath

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  TheWrath on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:50 pm

    SugarG wrote:
    TheWrath wrote:
    NeonLight wrote:Wow I slept till 2, that's not healthy.
    So are we going to talk through skype?

    Bear power is best power.
    im alright with that if not just to have a more fluent method of tossing ideas around, while posting more definite concrete ideas here.

    and people won't mad at us for circle jerking if we accidentally do that (although i'll try not to.)

    but ultimately it's up to everyone to decide.


    Spoiler:
    (skypes " thepoliwrath " by the way )

    I cant skype with my fucktard of a computer.


    not with the text client?
    i mean, that's pretty much all i ever use.
    avatar
    TheWrath

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  TheWrath on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:24 am

    Guys can we have somewhat matching suits?
    sorta like what fantastisquad is doing.

    it's pretty cool.
    avatar
    SteveWhatever

    Posts : 76
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Florida

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  SteveWhatever on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:29 am

    TheWrath wrote:Guys can we have somewhat matching suits?
    sorta like what fantastisquad is doing.
    it's pretty cool.
    avatar
    completelystupid

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  completelystupid on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:43 am

    Maybe something can happen where we're not getting a lot of business so we try to learn their secrets to all the work they get and we come to the conclusion its the suits and a have a short part about it.
    avatar
    Dan Dashly

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Age : 25
    Location : Nebraska

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  Dan Dashly on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:35 am

    Personally I am against matching suits. What are we the Fantastic Four?
    avatar
    TheWrath

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  TheWrath on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:12 am

    Dan Dashly wrote:Personally I am against matching suits. What are we the Fantastic Four?

    they dont have to be matching, but at least coordinate with eachother.
    avatar
    JCtheGrizzly

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Location : Harper's Neo-Nazi Republic of Canadastan

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  JCtheGrizzly on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:00 pm

    Guys, I always had an inkling in the back of my head that there was something fundamentally wrong with this project, and I think I finally figured it out.

    It's the fact that it came from a "what do your look like" thread and not a "create your favorite super-hero" thread.

    It means about 80% of all the characters are self-inserts in some way.

    And nothing good as ever come out from having self-inserts in a webcomic before, let alone a main cast composed of dozens of self-inserts. Just look at LICD and CTRL+ALT+DEL.

    Plus, having a forum and all that means we have names. We're like tripfags. And, while there can be one or two decent tripfags once in a blue moon, I really doubt that having 65 of them talking to each-other all day is a good idea. It's the best recipe to a HSG-/vp/ level tripfag circlejerk.

    And we DO NOT want to end up like /vp/

    TheWrath wrote:
    Dan Dashly wrote:Personally I am against matching suits. What are we the Fantastic Four?

    they dont have to be matching, but at least coordinate with eachother.

    Maybe we can have a logo on a pin or a team card, but yeah I disagree with the matching uniforms too. We're like free-lance heroes looking for money, not a government agency or a mutant school
    avatar
    TheWrath

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  TheWrath on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:06 pm

    JCtheGrizzly wrote:Guys, I always had an inkling in the back of my head that there was something fundamentally wrong with this project, and I think I finally figured it out.

    It's the fact that it came from a "what do your look like" thread and not a "create your favorite super-hero" thread.

    It means about 80% of all the characters are self-inserts in some way.

    And nothing good as ever come out from having self-inserts in a webcomic before, let alone a main cast composed of dozens of self-inserts. Just look at LICD and CTRL+ALT+DEL.

    Plus, having a forum and all that means we have names. We're like tripfags. And, while there can be one or two decent tripfags once in a blue moon, I really doubt that having 65 of them talking to each-other all day is a good idea. It's the best recipe to a HSG-/vp/ level tripfag circlejerk.

    And we DO NOT want to end up like /vp/

    TheWrath wrote:
    Dan Dashly wrote:Personally I am against matching suits. What are we the Fantastic Four?

    they dont have to be matching, but at least coordinate with eachother.

    Maybe we can have a logo on a pin or a team card, but yeah I disagree with the matching uniforms too. We're like free-lance heroes looking for money, not a government agency or a mutant school

    i don't really care how this looks it's fun.

    and god damn it if you don't like fun then i don't even.

    and yeah pins or some sort of insignia works.
    avatar
    itchington

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Location : Ireland

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  itchington on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:23 pm

    I don't mind as long as we're not wearing jumpsuits and neon. (no offence, neon)
    avatar
    completelystupid

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  completelystupid on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:26 pm

    I wasn't down with the coordinated outfits from the beginning. I'm iffy on the insignia but I think it could be fine! Whatever works!
    avatar
    NeonLight

    Posts : 31
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  NeonLight on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:50 pm

    (no offence taken)

    I'm up for a pin with a logo.
    Maybe matching hats?
    avatar
    TheWrath

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  TheWrath on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:45 pm

    alright, well, we are a mercenary/for hire sort of group. assuming we do advertise our services, we would need a logo of sorts. some sort of symbol.

    we could have this symbol incorporated somewhere on our individual costumes, ranging from any size of course.

    just to recognize that we are part of the same group.
    which could also help in "advertising our services"

    avatar
    itchington

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Location : Ireland

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  itchington on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:03 pm

    Logo cufflinks? Im in!
    avatar
    NeonLight

    Posts : 31
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  NeonLight on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:55 pm

    There should be an awesome arc where one of us gets hired and then shit goes down and they're betrayed or something and then the rest of the team bursts in to save them and the bad guy is all;
    "What?! But I only hired one of you!"
    Zoom to someone's face
    "When you hire one of us..."
    Zoom in ever closer bro
    "you hire all of us."

    THEN WE PROCEED TO KICK CRIMINAL ASS.
    avatar
    TheWrath

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  TheWrath on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:56 pm

    NeonLight wrote:There should be an awesome arc where one of us gets hired and then shit goes down and they're betrayed or something and then the rest of the team bursts in to save them and the bad guy is all;
    "What?! But I only hired one of you!"
    Zoom to someone's face
    "When you hire one of us..."
    Zoom in ever closer bro
    "you hire all of us."

    THEN WE PROCEED TO KICK CRIMINAL ASS.


    AWWWWW YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
    avatar
    itchington

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Location : Ireland

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  itchington on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:08 pm

    NeonLight wrote:There should be an awesome arc where one of us gets hired and then shit goes down and they're betrayed or something and then the rest of the team bursts in to save them and the bad guy is all;
    "What?! But I only hired one of you!"
    Zoom to someone's face
    "When you hire one of us..."
    Zoom in ever closer bro
    "you hire all of us."

    THEN WE PROCEED TO KICK CRIMINAL ASS.

    I approve of this idea
    avatar
    The_Template

    Posts : 22
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Age : 32
    Location : Virginia

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  The_Template on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:24 pm

    Sorry I've been lazy in my work here.

    Yesterday I spent cleaning a mystery virus from my PC and work went longer than expected today.

    Art and some other stuff soon.
    avatar
    GideonFry

    Posts : 118
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Age : 29

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  GideonFry on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:37 pm

    I am totally down with almost everything I have read so far here.
    I totally want a classy as fuck suit-with-pin costume thing going on, but that does not go with the whole "not particularly rich" superhero thing we have going. Also, Neon, I would totally wear you. I AM A STRAIGHT MALE
    avatar
    TheWrath

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  TheWrath on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:40 pm

    im sort of thinking some kind of rambo variation for the wrath.
    not the exact outfit of course, but sort of the style i guess?

    definitely the head band though.
    it fits with my body type/description/guns and what not.
    avatar
    GideonFry

    Posts : 118
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Age : 29

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  GideonFry on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:42 pm

    I can't think of a costume that doesn't look/sound totally cheesy that fits with a "portals" theme. Can someone help me out with that?
    avatar
    TheWrath

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  TheWrath on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:44 pm

    GideonFry wrote:I can't think of a costume that doesn't look/sound totally cheesy that fits with a "portals" theme. Can someone help me out with that?

    you could just go with sort of a futuristic theme. like a cyberpunk-esque type of deal or what not.

    but i don't really know.
    avatar
    GideonFry

    Posts : 118
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Age : 29

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  GideonFry on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:47 pm

    I think they're more like... magic portals, since I was thinking Wakfu when I thought portals.
    avatar
    itchington

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Location : Ireland

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  itchington on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:49 pm

    I'd rather have Bluster stick with what he's wearing, dress-shirt, overcoat and slacks. though i don't mind changing to colours to suit a theme.

    also, gideon, what colours are your portals, you could probably use that as a starting point.
    avatar
    GideonFry

    Posts : 118
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Age : 29

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  GideonFry on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:50 pm

    itchington wrote:I'd rather have Bluster stick with what he's wearing, dress-shirt, overcoat and slacks. though i don't mind changing to colours to suit a theme.

    also, gideon, what colours are your portals, you could probably use that as a starting point.
    I...
    I totally have not thought about that... They should be subtle. Maybe a sorta light, translucent grey-green, or orange-red...?

    Sponsored content

    Re: The /co/ntractors

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:58 pm