/co/mrades

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to the comic project started by a group of /co/mrades!

+10
itchington
Frontline
completelystupid
SugarG
NeonLight
GideonFry
JCtheGrizzly
TheWrath
Joe Awesome
Dan Dashly
14 posters

The /co/ntractors

TheWrath
    TheWrath

The /co/ntractors - Page 11 Empty Re: The /co/ntractors

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:54 am

Dan Dashly wrote:So okay with what work I have been doing in between Mahvel and Homework here are some basic concepts I have come up with for how this team is going to start.

>Setting is Chicago because fuck you I like Chicago
    >Fortune being a college student has obviously large bills
    >Is aware of his ungodly luck and decides to put his power to work making money dawning just a domino mask under his glasses
    >Posts a lame ad in the paper
    >First job is to rescue some guys daughter who got kidnapped
    >Finds the gangs hangout through sheer dumb luck
    >Almost gets killed trying to rescue her
    >Has to escape the police who responded to the gun fire
    >Is noticed in passing by Broccoli
    >Brings back the guys daughter but only after the guy pays 1/4th of what the kidnappers demanded
    >Next day at school he is approached by Broccoli who uses a combination of black mail and pheromones to force Fortune to join him having money issues of her own in the vein of her parents cutting her off
    >Next job is simply going out of state to Yellowstone to recover a crashed plane for a rich benefactor
    >The two encounter and fight The Wrath who was hired by a seperate benefactor to recover the same plane
    >The two find that their weaponry has little effect and Broccoli must use her powers to subdue The Wrath.
    >Eventually after they explain to The Wrath that their employer is paying more he decides to switch sides.
    >In the forest The Wrath gets separated by some plot convenience leaving Broccoli and Fortune face to face with a bear.
    >Of course being no ordinary bear it is actually one of JC's pets him having lived in the forest for sometime he relates more to the bears living there than humans
    >They tell them of their job and he reluctantly helps them if only to get them out of his forest faster.
    >One of JC's Bears approaches and informs JC that a strange man is causing a ruckus and is harming some woodland creatures.
    >The group assumes it is The Wrath and they rejoin him causing some animosity between JC and The Wrath over Wrath's treatment of his forest.
    >With JC's help the group finds the plane and discover the reason the benefactor wanted it found was due to it being filled with valuable art
    >The Wrath suggests that the group should take the art as it is much more valuable than the payment for the job.
    >Fortune agtees while Broccoli is adamant about not doing it
    >This leaves JC as the tying vote to which he respondes that he doesn't care what the group does.
    >The Wrath and Fortune are about to skip out with the art when they have a sudden "change of heart"clearly caused by Broccoli's powers
    >The group then prepares to leave the forest when JC decides that it is time to rejoin the modern world and asks if he may join them the group sans The Wrath happily agree.
    >Back in Chicago after returning the art to the old man and collecting their fee they decide to make it a little more official and decide to rent an old building downtown.
    >The group is all shocked by how cheap it was and how desperately the owner wanted to get rid of it.
    >Upon entering the building it all becomes clear as when they turn the lights on there is an oddly pale man dressed in white holding a hammer in the middle of the main room.
    >They approach the man who keeps referring to himself in the third person and is holding a large hammer.
    >After speaking to him they decide he is harmless however they decide not to risk attempting to throw the man out and decide to let him stay.
    >The group then takes on several small jobs for quick cash earning a reputation around Chicago as the go to group if you need a job done quick and fairly cheap.
    >Fortune being less than satisfied with their profit margin sets out to create new adds and ups the prices.
    >The public commercials on T.V. create a few fanatic fans the most unsettling of which is a bright haired young man
    >Later during the night this young man breaks into their headquarters with surprising ease.
    >The group quickly becomes aware of his presence and confront the fanatic fan and quickly subdue him
    >The man explains that his name is Neon and that his is their biggest fan and has near encyclopedic knowledge of the metahumans that he has been so obsessed with in his life.
    >Fortune suggests that he may prove useful on their latest mission which was given to Fortune by the Mayor of Chicago to stop a prolific Chicago villain.

This is a quick write up on some things so far. Still working on it

heres the ideas again just to state them
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:55 am

TheWrath wrote:
    Dan Dashly wrote:So okay with what work I have been doing in between Mahvel and Homework here are some basic concepts I have come up with for how this team is going to start.

>Is aware of his ungodly luck and decides to put his power to work making money dawning just a domino mask under his glasses
    >Brings back the guys daughter but only after the guy pays 1/4th of what the kidnappers demanded
    >Next day at school he is approached by Broccoli who uses a combination of black mail and pheromones to force Fortune to join him having money issues of her own in the vein of her parents cutting her off
    >Next job is simply going out of state to Yellowstone to recover a crashed plane for a rich benefactor
    >The two encounter and fight The Wrath who was hired by a seperate benefactor to recover the same plane
    >The two find that their weaponry has little effect and Broccoli must use her powers to subdue The Wrath.
    >Eventually after they explain to The Wrath that their employer is paying more he decides to switch sides.
    >In the forest The Wrath gets separated by some plot convenience leaving Broccoli and Fortune face to face with a bear.
    >Of course being no ordinary bear it is actually one of JC's pets him having lived in the forest for sometime he relates more to the bears living there than humans
    >They tell them of their job and he reluctantly helps them if only to get them out of his forest faster.
    >One of JC's Bears approaches and informs JC that a strange man is causing a ruckus and is harming some woodland creatures.
    >The group assumes it is The Wrath and they rejoin him causing some animosity between JC and The Wrath over Wrath's treatment of his forest.
    >With JC's help the group finds the plane and discover the reason the benefactor wanted it found was due to it being filled with valuable art
    >The Wrath suggests that the group should take the art as it is much more valuable than the payment for the job.
    >This leaves JC as the tying vote to which he respondes that he doesn't care what the group does.
    >The Wrath and Fortune are about to skip out with the art when they have a sudden "change of heart"clearly caused by Broccoli's powers
    >The group then prepares to leave the forest when JC decides that it is time to rejoin the modern world and asks if he may join them the group sans The Wrath happily agree.
    >Back in Chicago after returning the art to the old man and collecting their fee they decide to make it a little more official and decide to rent an old building downtown.
    >The group is all shocked by how cheap it was and how desperately the owner wanted to get rid of it.
    >Upon entering the building it all becomes clear as when they turn the lights on there is an oddly pale man dressed in white holding a hammer in the middle of the main room.
    >They approach the man who keeps referring to himself in the third person and is holding a large hammer.
    >After speaking to him they decide he is harmless however they decide not to risk attempting to throw the man out and decide to let him stay.
    >The group then takes on several small jobs for quick cash earning a reputation around Chicago as the go to group if you need a job done quick and fairly cheap.
    >Fortune being less than satisfied with their profit margin sets out to create new adds and ups the prices.
    >The public commercials on T.V. create a few fanatic fans the most unsettling of which is a bright haired young man
    >Later during the night this young man breaks into their headquarters with surprising ease.
    >The group quickly becomes aware of his presence and confront the fanatic fan and quickly subdue him
    >The man explains that his name is Neon and that his is their biggest fan and has near encyclopedic knowledge of the metahumans that he has been so obsessed with in his life.
    >Fortune suggests that he may prove useful on their latest mission which was given to Fortune by the Mayor of Chicago to stop a prolific Chicago villain.

Thanks
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:57 am

Dan Dashly wrote:
    TheWrath wrote:

Thanks
    OH! If the first job is a kidnapped daughter, we could tie that in with those two villainesses who kidnap pretty girls!
    The_Template
    The_Template

Post  The_Template Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:01 am

Amazing.

I am amazed.

How many are we now?

I like Neon as the happy go lucky young guy.

Also, I'm not dead set on Third Person; but I do kind of like it.

And if there was some day to allude to Thor without saying it; ever. That would be funny, I think.

JCtheGrizzly
    JCtheGrizzly

Post  JCtheGrizzly Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:02 am

Wait, since when can I commune with bears and threat them as equals?
    But I could totally dig being a hobo living illegally in a natural reserve. Maybe when the whole shebang with the plane and stuff happens it will compromise my position, like some forest guard learns that I've been living in the park as a bear for a free home and they cast me out.
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:05 am

The_Template wrote:Amazing.

I am amazed.

How many are we now?

And if there was some day to allude to Thor without saying it; ever. That would be funny, I think.

Alright I just saw you do it more than a few times so I figured I would try it. Are you okay with being the weird inexplicable guy? Also I am sure I can write in a Thor allusion that is not hamfisted.
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:06 am

JCtheGrizzly wrote:Wait, since when can I commune with bears and threat them as equals?
    But I could totally dig being a hobo living illegally in a natural reserve. Maybe when the whole shebang with the plane and stuff happens it will compromise my position, like some forest guard learns that I've been living in the park as a bear for a free home and they cast me out.

yeah i can see that as being editable.
    i mean, your still living in the forest and instead of you loving animals, and that's why you help us, your just helping us so the whole situation doesn't alarm anyone?

is that it?

because that can work.
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:07 am

JCtheGrizzly wrote:Wait, since when can I commune with bears and threat them as equals?

Hey man this shit is hard. I took some artistic liberties. I am however 100% willing to change it.
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:07 am

Dan Dashly wrote:
    The_Template wrote:Amazing.

I am amazed.

How many are we now?

Alright I just saw you do it more than a few times so I figured I would try it. Are you okay with being the weird inexplicable guy? Also I am sure I can write in a Thor allusion that is not hamfisted.

"yes, the template once gained this hammer from a foolish man who said he was a god, how humorous"
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 am

so how big is this apartment?
    because we have ten people last time i checked,
    is it like a fucking run down penthouse or what?
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:11 am

TheWrath wrote:so how big is this apartment?

Well we are renting the whole building.

The_Template
    The_Template

Post  The_Template Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:11 am

I am more than ok with being the weird, inexplicable guy.

Just an action thought, at some point I would like to ride JC into battle.

And/or throw him into battle and have him turn into a bear on impact.

TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:13 am

Dan Dashly wrote:
    TheWrath wrote:so how big is this apartment?

Well we are renting the whole building.

ah,

well.

that works then!
    JCtheGrizzly
    JCtheGrizzly

Post  JCtheGrizzly Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:13 am

The_Template wrote:I am more than ok with being the weird, inexplicable guy.

Yes, we definitely need a fastball special.
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:15 am

Fastball Special is always great.
    itchington
    itchington

Post  itchington Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:15 am

JCtheGrizzly wrote:

has anybody on the team even got super strength?
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:15 am

speaking of throwing, i think there should be at least one occasion where i rip off my own arm or something and throw it at whoever.

but not often because pain is pain regardless if it grows back.
    The_Template
    The_Template

Post  The_Template Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:20 am

itchington wrote:
    JCtheGrizzly wrote:

has anybody on the team even got super strength?

I thought i posted something about that.

About people PM'ing me their powers, stats, etc.

I had mine as Super Strength, a few other things.
    The_Template
    The_Template

Post  The_Template Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:21 am

I've been practicing my bear art, just for you.

Can I get a list pm'd to me or emailed (dagothjones@gmaildotcom); with all of your powers, extended or otherwise?

The Template

height: 6'3

> proficient with blunt weapons

> super strength

> secret berserk bloodlust mode (not hulk, think Doom)

> smart, but not genius inventor smart
    JCtheGrizzly
    JCtheGrizzly

Post  JCtheGrizzly Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 am

itchington wrote:has anybody on the team even got super strength?
    Well I have the proportionate strength of a huge bear, and maybe more if I get my beard to grow bigger, but seeing as I would be the projectile in the fastball...
    The_Template
    The_Template

Post  The_Template Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:23 am

JCtheGrizzly wrote:
    Well I have the proportionate strength of a huge bear, and maybe more if I get my beard to grow bigger, but seeing as I would be the projectile in the fastball...

You're human first, then a bear.

Imagine the surprise? I am terrified just thinking about it.
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:43 am

The_Template wrote:
    JCtheGrizzly wrote:

You're human first, then a bear.

Imagine the surprise? I am terrified just thinking about it.

imgur dot com/Yn3Fi

10/10 bear mode

alright im going to bed.

JCtheGrizzly
    JCtheGrizzly

Post  JCtheGrizzly Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:45 am

Yes I can definitely see this working
    "lol why did they throw their own teammate right to us? OH GOD I AM BEING CRUSHED AND MAULED BY A BEAR! JESUS CHRIST!"

I think we need a name for this tactic.

I was thinking "Fastbear Special".
    NeonLight
    NeonLight

Post  NeonLight Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Wow I slept till 2, that's not healthy.
    So are we going to talk through skype?

Bear power is best power.
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:17 pm

NeonLight wrote:Wow I slept till 2, that's not healthy.
    So are we going to talk through skype?

Bear power is best power.
    im alright with that if not just to have a more fluent method of tossing ideas around, while posting more definite concrete ideas here.

and people won't mad at us for circle jerking if we accidentally do that (although i'll try not to.)

but ultimately it's up to everyone to decide.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 am