/co/mrades

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to the comic project started by a group of /co/mrades!

+10
itchington
Frontline
completelystupid
SugarG
NeonLight
GideonFry
JCtheGrizzly
TheWrath
Joe Awesome
Dan Dashly
14 posters

The /co/ntractors

SugarG
    SugarG

The /co/ntractors - Page 7 Empty Re: The /co/ntractors

Post  SugarG Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:49 am

Dan Dashly wrote:Also an constant plot thing will be Broccoli using her powers to manipulate the whole team. So while Fortune is the "leader" Broccoli can get whatever she wants done if she wants too. Later the group will realize this and it will cause a large schism.
    Sounds like a decent small side-plot but we could use more...
    How about a major (even more-so than now) Ecomony crisis? Less money more crime. Mafias?
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:50 am

Dan Dashly wrote:
    completelystupid wrote:Do we have any set ages?

Well I assumed that a few characters were college age.

I wrote The Wrath thinking that he is rougher and in his late 20s-30s
    I assumed JC was in a similar age range. Neon I figured was younger than all of us being possibly 18. The Template is ageless in my mind.
    Template being ageless sounds about right.
    itchington
    itchington

Post  itchington Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:50 am

i imagine john bluster being in his early thirties, physically anyway.
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:50 am

Dan Dashly wrote:

I assumed JC was in a similar age range. Neon I figured was younger than all of us being possibly 18. The Template is ageless in my mind.

31 works.

also keep in mind that the wraths gay.
    i didn't think that was important before, but im saying just in case you ever do something plot related iunno.
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:51 am

SugarG wrote:
    Dan Dashly wrote:Also an constant plot thing will be Broccoli using her powers to manipulate the whole team. So while Fortune is the "leader" Broccoli can get whatever she wants done if she wants too. Later the group will realize this and it will cause a large schism.
    How about a major (even more-so than now) Ecomony crisis? Less money more crime. Mafias?

i like the idea of a sub plot.
    completelystupid
    completelystupid

Post  completelystupid Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:52 am

I loved the idea of us all renting a shitty apartment with bed to person ratio being off.
    I can probably do line art or coloring. My sketches are atrocious and shouldn't be glanced upon though.
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:52 am

SugarG wrote:
    We should totally have an chapter where no one is paying enough because money is getting super sparse.
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:52 am

completelystupid wrote: I loved the idea of us all renting a shitty apartment with bed to person ratio being off.
    I can probably do line art or coloring. My sketches are atrocious and shouldn't be glanced upon though.
    That totally fits with the characters and whatnot, and could be a good setup for a few funny situations.
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:53 am

SugarG wrote:

Oh yeah that could work really well with street levels capes like us. To be honest since Fortune is a business major and all I was going to have him be the guy that is constantly complaining about the group not making enough money and how the economy is bad. Keeps it current for the kids. With the other members of the group frivolously spending money.
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:54 am

Dan Dashly wrote:
    SugarG wrote:

Oh yeah that could work really well with street levels capes like us. To be honest since Fortune is a business major and all I was going to have him be the guy that is constantly complaining about the group not making enough money and how the economy is bad. Keeps it current for the kids. With the other members of the group frivolously spending money.

this works. how many people in this apartment? is it 10 now?
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:55 am

TheWrath wrote:
    Dan Dashly wrote:

31 works.

i didn't think that was important before, but im saying just in case you ever do something plot related iunno.

I don't do "Very Special Episodes" I mean I can have it be brought up casually if you wany.
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:56 am

TheWrath wrote:
    Dan Dashly wrote:
    SugarG wrote:

this works. how many people in this apartment? is it 10 now?

I don't even know anymore.
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:56 am

William VIII wrote:i see it as a clusterfuck of fun and campy cape ideas that have potential

they can be seperate stories or one big orgy of team v team (whatever is preferred). I see it mostly as a place to think up wacky as all fuck scenarios and characters and just see where you take them

that being said, a concrete project (or projects) to work towards would be great. we can organize writefags, drawfags (or any other artfag) and ideasfags together and pump some pretty cool shit out
    This guy has a good idea, guys. I'd like it if it were a little more campy, and had a lot of team v team shit going on.
    NeonLight
    NeonLight

Post  NeonLight Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:56 am

Would I be a That Guy if I suggested we have frequent sexually awkward situations due to previously mentioned sleeping conditions?

Spoiler:
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:58 am

NeonLight wrote:Would I be a That Guy if I suggested we have frequent sexually awkward situations due to previously mentioned sleeping conditions?

Spoiler:
    I was thinking that, too. I mean, everyone in the thread might get mad at us for circlejerking or something, but it should be done for shits and giggles.
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:58 am

Dan Dashly wrote:
    TheWrath wrote:
    Dan Dashly wrote:

31 works.

I don't do "Very Special Episodes" I mean I can have it be brought up casually if you wany.

no i really dont care, it's not an important thing.
    i just didnt want you going and making something plot related and THEN me bringing it up and ruining it. that's all.

Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:59 am

GideonFry wrote:
    William VIII wrote:i see it as a clusterfuck of fun and campy cape ideas that have potential

they can be seperate stories or one big orgy of team v team (whatever is preferred). I see it mostly as a place to think up wacky as all fuck scenarios and characters and just see where you take them

that being said, a concrete project (or projects) to work towards would be great. we can organize writefags, drawfags (or any other artfag) and ideasfags together and pump some pretty cool shit out
    This guy has a good idea, guys. I'd like it if it were a little more campy, and had a lot of team v team shit going on.

It is always really easy to write a For Hire team into a Vs. story. Guess what their motivation is? Money.
    completelystupid
    completelystupid

Post  completelystupid Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:59 am

I think having a lot of tropes and cliches isn't a problem, this is a bit of a parody after all. What I think is important is that we just 'twist' them.
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:00 am

don't worry neon, i know the beds are cramped. we can just share one~
    SugarG
    SugarG

Post  SugarG Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:01 am

Dan Dashly wrote:
    SugarG wrote:

Might be cool, some possible metions of a world war 3, with canada?
    oh yeah relic is 21
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:02 am

completelystupid wrote:I think having a lot of tropes and cliches isn't a problem, this is a bit of a parody after all. What I think is important is that we just 'twist' them.

But of course. I like to have fun when I write and poking fun at the medium is the easiest way to do that.
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:02 am

Dan Dashly wrote:
    GideonFry wrote:

It is always really easy to write a For Hire team into a Vs. story. Guess what their motivation is? Money.
    Exactly. It would be a nice little stint to write, and we could throw in lots of tropes and twist them around sometimes.
    NeonLight
    NeonLight

Post  NeonLight Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:03 am

WW3 with Canada?
    I'm totally up for that.

We need someone to do the story boards/sketches, unless you want to do it Dan? You'd be able to set it up how you visualize it, then we can do the good copy.
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:04 am

NeonLight wrote:Would I be a That Guy if I suggested we have frequent sexually awkward situations due to previously mentioned sleeping conditions?

Spoiler:

I figured that I would write you as the sex crazed teen. Of course nothing will come of it as it is funnier that way. So if you wanted me writing cape themed fapfics of you sorry I can't deliver.
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:05 am

NeonLight wrote:WW3 with Canada?
    I'm totally up for that.

We need someone to do the story boards/sketches, unless you want to do it Dan? You'd be able to set it up how you visualize it, then we can do the good copy.
    FUCK YES CANADIAN WW3. I AM SO FUCKING DOWN FOR THAT.
    WW3
    CANADA IS THE HEART OF THE BATTLE
    SUPERS ARE ALL BATTLING IN THIS WAR
    PURE
    FUCKING
    BAMF.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 am