/co/mrades

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to the comic project started by a group of /co/mrades!

+10
itchington
Frontline
completelystupid
SugarG
NeonLight
GideonFry
JCtheGrizzly
TheWrath
Joe Awesome
Dan Dashly
14 posters

The /co/ntractors

NeonLight
    NeonLight

The /co/ntractors - Page 6 Empty Re: The /co/ntractors

Post  NeonLight Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:33 am

Ya everyones kinda getting buttmad.
    I thought this forum was for superheroes, comics and shenanigans?
    God forbid we fuck around!

Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 am

So okay with what work I have been doing in between Mahvel and Homework here are some basic concepts I have come up with for how this team is going to start.

>Setting is Chicago because fuck you I like Chicago
    >Fortune being a college student has obviously large bills
    >Is aware of his ungodly luck and decides to put his power to work making money dawning just a domino mask under his glasses
    >Posts a lame ad in the paper
    >First job is to rescue some guys daughter who got kidnapped
    >Finds the gangs hangout through sheer dumb luck
    >Almost gets killed trying to rescue her
    >Has to escape the police who responded to the gun fire
    >Is noticed in passing by Broccoli
    >Brings back the guys daughter but only after the guy pays 1/4th of what the kidnappers demanded
    >Next day at school he is approached by Broccoli who uses a combination of black mail and pheromones to force Fortune to join him having money issues of her own in the vein of her parents cutting her off
    >Next job is simply going out of state to Yellowstone to recover a crashed plane for a rich benefactor
    >The two encounter and fight The Wrath who was hired by a seperate benefactor to recover the same plane
    >The two find that their weaponry has little effect and Broccoli must use her powers to subdue The Wrath.
    >Eventually after they explain to The Wrath that their employer is paying more he decides to switch sides.
    >In the forest The Wrath gets separated by some plot convenience leaving Broccoli and Fortune face to face with a bear.
    >Of course being no ordinary bear it is actually one of JC's pets him having lived in the forest for sometime he relates more to the bears living there than humans
    >They tell them of their job and he reluctantly helps them if only to get them out of his forest faster.
    >One of JC's Bears approaches and informs JC that a strange man is causing a ruckus and is harming some woodland creatures.
    >The group assumes it is The Wrath and they rejoin him causing some animosity between JC and The Wrath over Wrath's treatment of his forest.
    >With JC's help the group finds the plane and discover the reason the benefactor wanted it found was due to it being filled with valuable art
    >The Wrath suggests that the group should take the art as it is much more valuable than the payment for the job.
    >Fortune agtees while Broccoli is adamant about not doing it
    >This leaves JC as the tying vote to which he respondes that he doesn't care what the group does.
    >The Wrath and Fortune are about to skip out with the art when they have a sudden "change of heart"clearly caused by Broccoli's powers
    >The group then prepares to leave the forest when JC decides that it is time to rejoin the modern world and asks if he may join them the group sans The Wrath happily agree.
    >Back in Chicago after returning the art to the old man and collecting their fee they decide to make it a little more official and decide to rent an old building downtown.
    >The group is all shocked by how cheap it was and how desperately the owner wanted to get rid of it.
    >Upon entering the building it all becomes clear as when they turn the lights on there is an oddly pale man dressed in white holding a hammer in the middle of the main room.
    >They approach the man who keeps referring to himself in the third person and is holding a large hammer.
    >After speaking to him they decide he is harmless however they decide not to risk attempting to throw the man out and decide to let him stay.
    >The group then takes on several small jobs for quick cash earning a reputation around Chicago as the go to group if you need a job done quick and fairly cheap.
    >Fortune being less than satisfied with their profit margin sets out to create new adds and ups the prices.
    >The public commercials on T.V. create a few fanatic fans the most unsettling of which is a bright haired young man
    >Later during the night this young man breaks into their headquarters with surprising ease.
    >The group quickly becomes aware of his presence and confront the fanatic fan and quickly subdue him
    >The man explains that his name is Neon and that his is their biggest fan and has near encyclopedic knowledge of the metahumans that he has been so obsessed with in his life.
    >Fortune suggests that he may prove useful on their latest mission which was given to Fortune by the Mayor of Chicago to stop a prolific Chicago villain.

This is a quick write up on some things so far. Still working on it

completelystupid
    completelystupid

Post  completelystupid Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 am

I just wanted to make silly /co/ themed super power comics and pictures.
    I didn't realize this was super cereal business.
    SugarG
    SugarG

Post  SugarG Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 am

I`ll do anything I can to make this work, all I need is a job. No reason to get angry everybody.

What should our costomes be? Should they have some type of theme?
    Any logo ideas?
    completelystupid
    completelystupid

Post  completelystupid Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:36 am

Thanks for all the ideas Dan, wow there are a lot of great ones.
    Shadeslayer
    Shadeslayer
    Admin

Post  Shadeslayer Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:36 am

Alright alright, if you guys can just talk about the comic and not circlejerk please.

I hope I don't sound to power-mad or some shit like that I just don't want this to die or get worse.

Also I like your idea Dan, hope this whole thing gets off the ground.

Last edited by Shadeslayer on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:36 am

Dan Dashly wrote:So okay with what work I have been doing in between Mahvel and Homework here are some basic concepts I have come up with for how this team is going to start.

>Is aware of his ungodly luck and decides to put his power to work making money dawning just a domino mask under his glasses
    >Brings back the guys daughter but only after the guy pays 1/4th of what the kidnappers demanded
    >Next day at school he is approached by Broccoli who uses a combination of black mail and pheromones to force Fortune to join him having money issues of her own in the vein of her parents cutting her off
    >Next job is simply going out of state to Yellowstone to recover a crashed plane for a rich benefactor
    >The two encounter and fight The Wrath who was hired by a seperate benefactor to recover the same plane
    >The two find that their weaponry has little effect and Broccoli must use her powers to subdue The Wrath.
    >Eventually after they explain to The Wrath that their employer is paying more he decides to switch sides.
    >In the forest The Wrath gets separated by some plot convenience leaving Broccoli and Fortune face to face with a bear.
    >Of course being no ordinary bear it is actually one of JC's pets him having lived in the forest for sometime he relates more to the bears living there than humans
    >They tell them of their job and he reluctantly helps them if only to get them out of his forest faster.
    >One of JC's Bears approaches and informs JC that a strange man is causing a ruckus and is harming some woodland creatures.
    >The group assumes it is The Wrath and they rejoin him causing some animosity between JC and The Wrath over Wrath's treatment of his forest.
    >With JC's help the group finds the plane and discover the reason the benefactor wanted it found was due to it being filled with valuable art
    >The Wrath suggests that the group should take the art as it is much more valuable than the payment for the job.
    >This leaves JC as the tying vote to which he respondes that he doesn't care what the group does.
    >The Wrath and Fortune are about to skip out with the art when they have a sudden "change of heart"clearly caused by Broccoli's powers
    >The group then prepares to leave the forest when JC decides that it is time to rejoin the modern world and asks if he may join them the group sans The Wrath happily agree.
    >Back in Chicago after returning the art to the old man and collecting their fee they decide to make it a little more official and decide to rent an old building downtown.
    >The group is all shocked by how cheap it was and how desperately the owner wanted to get rid of it.
    >Upon entering the building it all becomes clear as when they turn the lights on there is an oddly pale man dressed in white holding a hammer in the middle of the main room.
    >They approach the man who keeps referring to himself in the third person and is holding a large hammer.
    >After speaking to him they decide he is harmless however they decide not to risk attempting to throw the man out and decide to let him stay.
    >The group then takes on several small jobs for quick cash earning a reputation around Chicago as the go to group if you need a job done quick and fairly cheap.
    >Fortune being less than satisfied with their profit margin sets out to create new adds and ups the prices.
    >The public commercials on T.V. create a few fanatic fans the most unsettling of which is a bright haired young man
    >Later during the night this young man breaks into their headquarters with surprising ease.
    >The group quickly becomes aware of his presence and confront the fanatic fan and quickly subdue him
    >The man explains that his name is Neon and that his is their biggest fan and has near encyclopedic knowledge of the metahumans that he has been so obsessed with in his life.
    >Fortune suggests that he may prove useful on their latest mission which was given to Fortune by the Mayor of Chicago to stop a prolific Chicago villain.

Sounds pimp. When does Gideon come in?
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:37 am

That's some good stuff dan,

and broc, there wil be plenty of silly pictures and comics on the way.
    we just also have storyline too.
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:37 am

Shadeslayer wrote:Alright alright, if you guys can just talk about the comic and not circlejerk please.

I hope I don't sound to power-mad or some shit like that I just don't want this to die or get worse.
    Yeah, y'know, I suppose you're right.
    I would feel like shit if I ruined something fun like this.
    completelystupid
    completelystupid

Post  completelystupid Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:38 am

I did the first draft of my costume, I'm not the best artist out there.
    But, I do have a tablet so if anybody doesn't mind mediocre I can do some things in the mean time.
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:38 am

GideonFry wrote:
    Dan Dashly wrote:So okay with what work I have been doing in between Mahvel and Homework here are some basic concepts I have come up with for how this team is going to start.

Sounds pimp. When does Gideon come in?

Comb your beard nigger there will be time. Honestly what I just wrote could easily be like 6 issues.
    JCtheGrizzly
    JCtheGrizzly

Post  JCtheGrizzly Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:39 am

You know what? I think I kinda see everyone's point about this turning into /soc/-tier circlejerking and whatnot

You guys can feel free to use my character for whatever you want but if this whole forum thing only results in butthurt on all sides I think I'm just gonna stop posting. Besides, it's not like I could contribute anything of quality to the comic seeing as I'm neither a draw or writefag.
    SugarG
    SugarG

Post  SugarG Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 am

Nice, I think we got something here!
    Can we help add some stuff?
    Please continue
    NeonLight
    NeonLight

Post  NeonLight Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 am

Shit Dan that sounds awesome.
    I guess it is appropriate that I would be the fanboi.
    Spoiler:

AND NO NOBODY LEAVE THIS IS PERFECT.

Last edited by NeonLight on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    itchington
    itchington

Post  itchington Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:41 am

sounds pretty damn awesome!
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 am

Alright, I guess the people on the thread are sorta right, let's get it together and come up with some concepts. I guess I could writefag a bit. We should probably fight against The Royal Pain at some point, maybe? And a villain who can absorb attacks or some neat shit like that
    And
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:44 am

Also an constant plot thing will be Broccoli using her powers to manipulate the whole team. So while Fortune is the "leader" Broccoli can get whatever she wants done if she wants too. Later the group will realize this and it will cause a large schism.
    completelystupid
    completelystupid

Post  completelystupid Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:45 am

Do we have any set ages?
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:45 am

alright,
    so who's the main draw fag on this?

i'm decent at drawing but i'm just not consistent.
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 am

completelystupid wrote:Do we have any set ages?
    Gideon's 23.
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 am

Dan Dashly wrote:Also an constant plot thing will be Broccoli using her powers to manipulate the whole team. So while Fortune is the "leader" Broccoli can get whatever she wants done if she wants too. Later the group will realize this and it will cause a large schism.

A tad over done but I have always felt that it is cliche for a reason.
    NeonLight
    NeonLight

Post  NeonLight Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:47 am

There's like 3 or 4 drawfags, so we can all work together on it.
    We should have someone:
    1.sketching
    2.linearting
    3.shading

I volunteer to line art.
    GideonFry
    GideonFry

Post  GideonFry Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:47 am

Dan Dashly wrote:
    Dan Dashly wrote:Also an constant plot thing will be Broccoli using her powers to manipulate the whole team. So while Fortune is the "leader" Broccoli can get whatever she wants done if she wants too. Later the group will realize this and it will cause a large schism.

A tad over done but I have always felt that it is cliche for a reason.
    I like that, it's always fun to have the cliched "Trouble within the team" kinda thing going on.
    TheWrath
    TheWrath

Post  TheWrath Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:48 am

uhhh lets just make the wrath like, iunno, 24

also i never really came up with a name for him.
    i was going to use my own but i thought that might be dumb.

i can shade though
    Dan Dashly
    Dan Dashly

Post  Dan Dashly Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:48 am

completelystupid wrote:Do we have any set ages?

Well I assumed that a few characters were college age.

I wrote The Wrath thinking that he is rougher and in his late 20s-30s
    I assumed JC was in a similar age range. Neon I figured was younger than all of us being possibly 18. The Template is ageless in my mind.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 am